Reviving The 212th Attack Battalion

Do you want the 212th Attack Battalion Resurrected ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otaku

Hello To All Reading This,

Dear Brothers

This is to express my deepest concern for the lack of the 212th Battalion due to inactivity. I for one was utterly Disappointed to hear that there was no 212th,like I mean that was my go to battalion and people only join the 501st because there is or was no 212th I mean the diversity and role-play potential can be such an immersive push for the server, yes there was one in the past but how efficient they were in there duties how capable they were in there tasks how much of a serious role-player they were I am willing to Dedicate my time in this community to make this specific battalion worth starting up again you can even put it to a vote. There are many lore characters but for the sake of the server there should only be like four just for the sake of not having 100 lore characters running about. I am a trooper in the 501st I love my brethren there I really do but they just aren't up to par with the combat and the immersion and the role-play I feel like I am just some random person shooting droids I don't get a feel of the thrill in battle fighting alongside my brothers I don't get that with the 501st,especially with this servers capability to make everyone's armor to look amazing I praise that model maker, the 212th player models were beautifully accurate according to the films and the rest of the franchises they are just a sight to behold when they display their burnt orange marking on the battlefield. With greatness comes respect and something worth fighting for I believe that resurrecting the 212th will be definitely worth it. Also I would just like to include that the lore character Obi-wan Kenobi isn't attached to a battalion as I have noticed because of the lack of the 212th so if I can get into contact with him maybe he might support this revival. I would just like to input the chain of command and lore character and squad listings.
  • High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Commander Cody
  • Captain Gregor
Notable member(s):
  • Barlex
  • Boil
  • Cale
  • Crys
  • Gearshift
  • Longshot
  • Reed
  • Trapper
  • Waxer
  • Wooley
Location(s):
  • Utapau
  • Umbara
  • Christophsis
  • Geonosis
  • Ryloth
  • Cato Neimoidia
  • Lola Sayu
  • Kiros
  • Sarrish
  • Core Conveyor
  • Mirial
  • Teth
  • Tempestuous
  • Coruscant
  • Moorjhone
  • Saleucami
  • Antolus I
Main soldiers:
  • Clone troopers
  • Clone paratroopers
Unit(s) within:
  • Ghost Company
  • 2nd Airborne Company
    • Parjai Squad
  • "A" Squad
  • Foxtrot Group]
These are just a few suggestions like this whole paragraph states this is to be heavily considered as this can be a great push in the right direction for the server. I know I might be asking much but this is something quite dear to my heart and I think this is what this server needs to be top of the line.

Phoenix

All of the 212th members that we have had a constant trolls and minges. Also as it stands some of current battalions are lacking active and good members.

Otaku

I am willing to change that sir I will stand for no bullshit But thanks for the honest feedback

DaMonte

I personally would love to see 212th in here. I think we should give it a chance.

Phoenix

40 is somewhat right maybe when the system is released it will be added but that is unknown for now.

Otaku

Thanks for the feedback 40 but it isn't like we gonna lose anything by inputting it again

Don't think we need another battalion at the moment, especially when there's already talk of implementing Spec Ops groups (RC and ARC), but maybe we should give 212th and other lore battalions a shot after the squad system gets implemented.

If only so that at least one battalion gets set into the system while the rest work to adapt to it.

40cal

Website
steamcommunity.com
Thanks for the feedback 40 but it isn't like we gonna lose anything by inputting it again
It’s not feedback, I’m stating we don’t need anymore battalions. Currently, there aren’t any plans to add anymore battalions even after the alpha. Battalions don’t have many special roles besides some minor things, they only really serve as organization and grouping.

Otaku

But think of the role-play aspects the 501st are getting over worked they are having talks about having limits and I see a bunch of CTs Running about and when we ask them what group you want to be in or what was your choice at first they said 212th the 501st is the go to coz there isn't much diversity I mean yes too many cooks spoil the pot but think of the player base the server has I'm sorry if this offends anyone

40cal

Website
steamcommunity.com
But think of the role-play aspects the 501st are getting over worked they are having talks about having limits and I see a bunch of CTs Running about and when we ask them what group you want to be in or what was your choice at first they said 212th the 501st is the go to coz there isn't much diversity I mean yes too many cooks spoil the pot but think of the player base the server has I'm sorry if this offends anyone
What role play aspects? The only difference between each battalion on the server is the colors and the people in them. There doesn’t need to be diversity in simply the color of armor.

Otaku

ok 40 you have your reasons to say what you say I have mine I still appreciate your comments

Even as part of the 501st I do think that 212th should be given a chance, though I do agree as well that we have enough battalions. Otaku, you seem to be forgetting that, while yes, battalions like the 501st and 212th are the most popular, we also have other battalions that tend to perform similar functions (as mainline battalions rather than specialized (21st aside, but we don't perform much boarding actions)). There's no reason to create a new battalion when there are other options available. Not to mention the effort that has to be put into selecting the command structure and getting new people in.

What role play aspects? The only difference between each battalion on the server is the colors and the people in them. There doesn’t need to be diversity in simply the color of armor.
I think there are SUPPOSED to be roleplay differences, but that has to do more with what each battalion's main function is as part of their lore, and may not entirely translate well into an RP server. Not unless we want to keep deploying each battalion on different operations on the event server only to have them do the same shit as everyone else during main events.

Or, we could create incentive for maintaining a CT battalion. We already have some SNCOs as CTs, correct?

40cal

Website
steamcommunity.com
Even as part of the 501st I do think that 212th should be given a chance, though I do agree as well that we have enough battalions. Otaku, you seem to be forgetting that, while yes, battalions like the 501st and 212th are the most popular, we also have other battalions that tend to perform similar functions (as mainline battalions rather than specialized (21st aside, but we don't perform much boarding actions)). There's no reason to create a new battalion when there are other options available. Not to mention the effort that has to be put into selecting the command structure and getting new people in.

I think there are SUPPOSED to be roleplay differences, but that has to do more with what each battalion's main function is as part of their lore, and may not entirely translate well into an RP server. Not unless we want to keep deploying each battalion on different operations on the event server only to have them do the same shit as everyone else during main events.

Or, we could create incentive for maintaining a CT battalion. We already have some SNCOs as CTs, correct?
I’m not saying there aren’t role play aspects in each battalion, just that they’re very subtle.

PolandCanIntoSpace

-1 212th looks like a shitty 327th. One of the reasons none join 212th. Even the CPT complained.

Last edited:

Poseidon

No more batallions, if we had more players to spread out I wouldn't want 212th anyway, I would vote for 442nd

StaticNation

We're not going to be adding any battalions till we're more comfortable with the state of our current battalions. As of now, a couple of our battalions are lacking members so we are working on fixing that. Until then, no additional battalions will be added.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.