Morgan

Engineer Suggestions:

So the following post is regarding one thing that I believe would be a huge addition to the server. So far in engineers, the only thing we really do is small amounts of passive RP and place down support and covers. One thing I suggest is that the engineers could actually do what they really are supposed to do, engineer things. What I mean by this is that engineers should receive building tools to construct things for the server including but not limited to; new checkpoints and bunk areas, off-ship FOBs and HQs for Naval personnel, and etc. With this, I also suggest the following tools to help make building easier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following tools to be added to help improve RP and overall constructions;

Precision Alignment:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=457478322&searchtext=Precision+Alignment
  • This real multitool will ensure that nothing of yours is ever unaligned or incorrectly placed!
Smart Weld:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131586620&searchtext=Smart+Weld
  • Makes the stock Weld tool obsolete!
Multi-Parent:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111929524&searchtext=Multi+Parent
  • A Multi-Parent tool with a few extra options and a functional reliable unparenting tool.

Multi-Parent features:
    -Area select function - hold use + left click
    -Contraption select function - hold shift + left click
    -Added undo functionality
    -Option to clear all constraints before parenting
    -Option to create a no-collide or disable all collisions
    -Option to create a weld to retain physics ("super parent" mode)
    -Option to set weight to 0.1 before parenting
    -Option to disable shadows (new!)

Multi-Unparent features:
    -Uses a client-side trace to select entities so there are no problems with the trace passing through parented entities
Wiremod:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160250458&searchtext=Wiremod
  • A collection of entities connectable by data wires, which allows for the creation of advanced contraptions.
Advanced Duplicator:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=163806212&searchtext=advanced+duplicator
  • A tool for duplicating contraptions that include many complex components including Wiremod devices, and most other SENTs.
  • This tool is also an easier to use and better alternative to the Standard Gmod Duplicator and can also be used to share dupes with other people and allow for dupes that you create to be used by anyone (If set in the public folder). Helpful for Users, Gamemasters, and Cert Trainers for an easier way to dupe things.
  • It also allows you to paste the dupes at the original angle that you copied and the original location! (Great for Cert Trainers!)
Falco's Prop Protection:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133537219&searchtext=Falco's+Prop+Protection
  • Falco's famous prop protection, FPP.
  • Allows us to have buddies so that engineers could work together when building. (Allows them to targets other ENG's props if permitted)
Along with those tools I'd also suggest adding the following prop-packs and material packs as they would be extremely useful for making excellent constructions.

Materials to be added;

(Optional) Star Wars - Imperial Materials:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1206775008
Content:

• Imperial crate
  • 3 interior walls
  • interior ceiling
  • interior floor
  • exterior panels
More Materials! ★:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105841291
  • One of my favorite material packs, the pack listed above includes AMAZING materials that can be used for extremely nice buildings. Good of creating checkpoints and FOBs!
Prop-Packs to be added;

STAR WARS: Modelpack No. 1:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938897202
  • Cool Chairs
STAR WARS: Modelpack No. 2:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1251088550
  • A collection of props that have been used to create rp_venator_extensive. This model pack contains:
    • Two console panels
    • Four-star destroyer style bridge consoles
    • A console that combined with multiple make up a circular control post
    • 2 holo emitter bases
    • Jedi meditation seat
    • A surveillance camera
    • Iconic corner console
    • Conference table (in pieces)
    • Turbolaser control seat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other Suggestions:

Climb SWEP 2:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113495466&searchtext=Climb+SWEP
  • Allows you to climb surfaces, helpful during events.

Nines

Radar on the screen, body group model tool where it lets you choose your layout of armor *visors, kama, backpacks*

[PR] ProDTigerGE

+1
1. Most People aren't Drawn Towards Engineers because they Simply don't do much, Especially when No Events are Occurring. Being able to get Tools and Build things to Improve RP would be Extremely Helpful and More People would be Drawn to Engineers.

2. If this gets added to Engineers, Yes, There may be a Problem with Minging but the Solution would be Removing He / She from the Engineer Corps.

3. The Majority of those Addons would be Extremely helpful for the Engineers and for Staff Members who need to Construct Something for an Event or for RP.

4. I play on a Server that has Engineers Utilize Tools for RP, Including HQs for Events and Checkpoints for RP on the Ship and it is very Successful, and the Engineers enjoy their Job.

Morgan

Radar on the screen, body group model tool where it lets you choose your layout of armor *visors, kama, backpacks*
Radar and a compass would be nice, we have bodygroupr but its restricted because of the certain roles, (Cert specializations define what bodygroups you use) But you do have a custom model correct? If so you could use PAC3 to edit the bodygroups or even add the visor and etc to your character. But to my knowledge, only GMs get access to PAC. I'd suggest you talk to Riddick about that.

Khilleor

Great idea in general, although I would use adv duplicator V2, both precision tools, and restrict the usage of E2s with wiremod, pretty much what other people said

+1 but in light blue

Avital

Falco's prop protection would allow for you to add buddies and give them access to your props, therefore its pretty essential. Is there a reason why you dislike it?
Everytime you spawn a prop, the size of I'd say a acclamator vehicle you need to interact with it and all that and sometimes it blocks you from spawningthings if you spawn to many things

Morgan

Everytime you spawn a prop, the size of I'd say a acclamator vehicle you need to interact with it and all that and sometimes it blocks you from spawningthings if you spawn to many things
That's weird, I've never had that issue. Also, you wouldn't ever be spawning a prop that size. The largest prop you would spawn would be around 16x16. Thank you for responding and I'll see if anyone else has had that issue. Also one thing, when did you receive this error?

Avital

That's weird, I've never had that issue. Also, you wouldn't ever be spawning a prop that size. The largest prop you would spawn would be around 16x16. Thank you for responding and I'll see if anyone else has had that issue. Also one thing, when did you receive this error?
It will happen with droid NPC's if you spawn to much you need to interact with it to make sure it will work
Its not a bug its littearlly how it works and that happend to me 3 days ago when I found what kept making my props not work properly and have to go through security

WarpedTech

It will happen with droid NPC's if you spawn to much you need to interact with it to make sure it will work
Its not a bug its littearlly how it works and that happend to me 3 days ago when I found what kept making my props not work properly and have to go through security
Just turn off FPPs anti prop spam and turn off its large prop spam. Thus, Avital's issues will never arise. Enjoy

[PR] ProDTigerGE

What do you mean "Interact" with them? Also, when would Engineers Spawn Acclamator-Sized Props or NPCs? Those Issues wouldn't interfere with what Morgan suggests should be Added. Falco's would help the Engineers so them could buddy each other so only them and their buddies could Edit and Move their Props.

Avital

What do you mean "Interact" with them? Also, when would Engineers Spawn Acclamator-Sized Props or NPCs? Those Issues wouldn't interfere with what Morgan suggests should be Added. Falco's would help the Engineers so them could buddy each other so only them and their buddies could Edit and Move their Props.
For staff, if they spawn a whole lot of droids it says "Ghosted, please interact with ghosted prop/entity to unghost it"

OR sometimes it says "Entity/Prop spawned, prop too big ghosting it, interact "Use your physgun" To unghost"

Riddick

Project Lead
Project Lead
Precision Alignment: Maybe. I'll asses how much lag it may cause.
Smart Weld: Denied. Laggy. Welds are disgustingly laggy, especially in such great number as caused by smart-weld.
Multi-Parent: Maybe. Niche-use tool, some of which has functionality provided by the Precision Tool.
Wiremod: Denied. Laggy.
Advanced Duplicator: Accepted. Planning to add Adv. Duplicator 2 for staff use.
Falco's Prop Protection: Denied. Deliberately disabled. Laggy, unnecesary.
(Optional) Star Wars - Imperial Materials: Maybe. I'm currently looking to reduce content pack size.
More Materials: Accepted. These materials are already ingame and just require a little script.
STAR WARS: Modelpack No. 1 & 2: Maybe. I'm currently looking to reduce content pack size.
Climb SWEP 2: NO
Sooooo abusable. Adds an extra way for players to unpredictably affect events, and allows them to LITERALLY fly across maps.