Project Renegade Alpha Server

Riddick

Project Lead
Project Lead
As you are all well aware of by now, the given estimate for the server entering closed beta was the end of August.

The reason for this wait is not only for the map, but for the unique squad system being developed from the ground up for the server.

Unfortunately, the developer we originally hired to complete this task dropped the project, leaving us close to the end of the month, but no closer to having the system that lies at the core of the server and the reason behind us starting Project Renegade.

However, we don't want to leave you guys high and dry, so in the interest of keeping things moving along, I've decided to fast-track development of the map so it is in a usable state, so that StaticNation and I will be able to open up the server for an open alpha.

During the Open Alpha, events will be run, players will gain experience, and the crafting system will be implemented and slowly expanded upon as time goes on.

We have hired a new developer who we know for certain is capable of completing the Squad System, so once that is complete, we will shift to a 1 to 2 week long Closed Beta to ensure the squad system works perfectly and is implemented well, and we will then fully Release the server.

Please keep in mind that, since the Squad system will be introduced later on, your rankings and battalions may be reset, but we have plans to ensure that participating in the alpha is not "pointless."

And with that, here are some pictures of the new map, still in development:

eGRICAt.jpg

Exterior View
3g0hfHf.jpg

Redesigned Hangar bays - Still in progress
f53hvxX.jpg

Ramp from 1st Floor Hub to 2nd Floor Hub
WkXQ15b.jpg

Bunks Hall
OlFBBUB.jpg

1st Floor Hub - Unfurnished
w8cbkuu.jpg

Lounge

Poseidon

Alright thanks
It's "up", but the map is gm_construct right now. I guess we have to RP it off as Coruscant, Dantooine, or some other urban or semi-urban planet.
The server is up, but it is not open alpha yet. You CAN go on the server technically. But you probably shouldnt until its ready

Last edited: