Main menu bug.

[0117] Chief

Over the past few months, I have had an issue that bothers me beyond belief. I just now bailed on a mission because I was beyond frustrated with this bug. When I load into the server and it gives me the main menu to select a character, new character, etc, it will sometimes just freeze entirely. And this freeze can't be fixed by simply retrying, the frozen screen covers EVERYTHING and I can't even see the pause menu. Even if I manage to get out of the server and try and reconnect the frozen screen stays there. The game isn't frozen and I can still do everything because I can hear it, but my entire screen is covered by the frozen image of the main menu trying to play the animation after selecting my character slot. This is not the first time this bug has caused me to rage quit and I have tried everything to fix it. I don't have ANY addons installed other than those for PR. I completely wiped all my addons and only reinstalled the PR ones. Sometimes the glitch does not happen and it is completely random and sometimes (like today) it freezes over and over and I just give up. If anyone has any idea as to why this happens and how to stop it please let me know it is often the reason I don't even show up to events because the glitch runs rampant. And before anyone asks yes I have: Uninstalled/Reinstalled, Turned my computer off and on again, reset Garry's mod (Because I have to every time this glitch happens), uninstalled all other addons, uninstalled and reinstalled all PR add-ons, tried retrying without being able to see (it stays on my screen even in the main menu and I have to restart my whole game). The screenshots I added to this post, shows what the screen looks like when it freezes and then what it looks like when I tab out and then back in.

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    92.2 KB · Views: 2

[0117] Chief

It runs everything else just fine, only ever had issues with the main menu.

Riddick

Project Lead
Project Lead
Are you on the beta branch of gmod?

[0117] Chief

Beta Branch? I am not familiar. Also side note don't forget that thing.

Iken

your best bet is to probably just reset your gmod. make sure you backup any saves/dupes/advdupes/pacs etc.