Umbara (no wait please hear me out ;_;)

VOTE

• +1

Votes: 6 85.7%

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

PokePepe

Ok, I know this sound cliche, and I know that Umbara is basicly the scourge of every clone, but come on, has there ever really been an Umbara map for Gmod?

We could make a moderately sized map that contains a dark umbaran jungle, complete with Vixus (Purple Tentacle Sarlac pit like things) and dark black fog. In the middle would be an Umbaran airbase, similar in design of what Pong Krell and his troops took in the Umbara storyline. This would be complete with hangers and armories (You don't have to place working ships, but you could add one or two if ya want to.)
latest

A lot of things could be done here, for example: The Vixus could be set in a certain area and be triggered by either a button press from a GM, when a trooper gets too close (Not even sure if possible), or just set it to always flail.
latest

Another add on would be a working control tower, similar to the Extensive Kamino control tower. Functions would be to set off alarms, control hanger doors, and light systems.
5542230-krell.png

(Pay close attention to the displays to the sides of Krell)
An optional one would be a turret system that attacks anything outside the base. (This is a reference to the Vietnam Era Tactic, Mad Minute, in which all guns were fired in the perimeter of an area to make the enemy shoot back, hense revealing their location [Umbara is based off of Vietnam, hense "THEY'RE IN THE TREES" and ext being a common thing.])
fed15eceef7caff89ced031f433ea1e8df0db535d417791027b8ef7aaffac375_1.jpg

(plz ignore the horrid banner)
The problems with vegitation could be avoided by simply making one or 2 variants of vegetation and placing them around in multiple degrees of rotation to make it look randomized (Tbh, I think they did it in SWTOR).
live-umbara10.jpg

(its really just tentacles randomly placed about in clumps tbf)
It doesn't have to be a lot of vegetation due to the Airbase being the main part of the map and the vegetation being cleared around the perimeter. If it sounds like it's getting a bit claustrophobic, we could make the Airbase massive in size underground but not too big on the above ground instillation.
jyqPQG9.png

(VERY VERY ROUGH SKETCH, I'M BAD AT DRAWING)
I know it seems challenging, but hey, at least it's not Raxus Prime or Felucia. Those two would kill you with either the amount of trash or the amount of Flora and Vegetation. Besides, who doesn't like a little bit of challenge in their lives.

Poseidon

If Riddick can do it without slitting his wrists or without making the map pure autism
+1