Operation Gatekeeper

What would you rate?

• +1

Votes: 6 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
- + Note + -
This proposal is more of an idea for an event format. If this does not belong in this section, please move the thread or advise me on where to move it, thank you!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basis: CIS forces have moved in on a planet, deploying orbital defense installations to prevent large scale Republic assaults and giving the Separatists complete control of the airspace, gaining the advantage over planetary defense forces and local Republic garrisons.
To maintain control over the region, where the orbital guns are located, the droids have set up a series of communications installations and Forward Operating Bases to guard the region and to defend the orbital guns.
Only a small force is capable of deploying planet side safely and taking out the orbital guns to allow the rest of the invasion force to land and engage the Separatist forces on the ground. Supplies and support will have to be procured on site as the Separatists will notice regular resupply runs. However, some of the locations have Republic and local military facilities that will give the invading force access to heavy ordinance themselves, once they capture the area.
F2AE7DA031ED338ACA82A74D236313D1C5D67E40

Event:
Troopers will start out in a staging area, essentially their Forward Operating Base. From there they will coordinate attacks on enemy positions. There will be three type of locations that the troopers will have to take:
22A3018659DCA2EAAED13AF998C450E1C98CFAD7

Caption: Unit commanders preparing to receive orders and tasking from a local Republic Fleet officer.

Communication Installations allow Separatist strongholds to maintain communications with other bases, and if not attacked first will send distress calls for heavy support (i.e. reinforcements, armored support, air support).
Troopers would be advised to take these facilities first when possible, as if they assault the nearby positions without taking out these installations, they will have to deal with enemy reinforcements after or during their assault.

Towns/Settlements do not benefit the Separatists as much, but are often hubs for trade and travel in the region, and thus are to be taken and held to increase the hold on the area. They also make for convenient fall-back points should Bases be taken.
46D976AF8469856EF3AB02AB51DB375AFE8FB8CC

Caption: 327th unit rescues a crew member of a downed TX-130 during an assault on a settlement.

Bases would compose of any military installation (garrison, guard post, etc.) that the Separatists took from planetary defense forces and Republic troops. They will be more heavily guarded than the other areas but capturing them will give the invading force access to captured Republic ordinance to assist in assaults on enemy positions.
However, the greater the potential bounty the more CIS forces will be concentrated in the area (e.g. if a captured military base gives the players access to TX-130's, there would be a shit ton more droids guarding the area). This is especially for any positions such as airfields that contain air vehicles.
F0249487D3E9CF7639AC7B88B48764A9A37DF1AF

Caption: Local Republic guard post is captured by a CIS advance force, with surviving troopers being lined up for detainment.

Troopers, if killed, will have to regroup with their units from the FOB, giving the invading force much more incentive to stay alive or, if possible, capture positions that contain transport vehicles (only vehicles should be finite, however. So I'd advise putting some sort of resupply in the FOB so that troopers can re-arm from there, maybe even craftbenches).

The main objective of the invading force is to make their way to taking out or capturing the orbital defense platforms. Once all are taken, they can allow the rest of the Republic forces to take the region.
F4CC3AA7621C773D97D49E1C49D0AF6D94E8B1F9

Caption: CIS forces guarding their staging area where they have set up orbital cannons to defend from Republic fleets.

Troopers should be allowed to exercise initiative during this mission, as they are essentially a reconnaissance force opening the way for the main forces. They should establish their own chain of command, divide up their forces, and should be allowed to coordinate their attacks on their own (i.e. full-force assault on an area, having one force assault an enemy position once a recon force takes out the adjacent communications tower, ect.).
378BEEC69E5459F7B13129F16073E6715FAE2184

Caption: Scouting element of the 501st Legion taking their position on a ridge overlooking their objective.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a clearer idea of how this should play out is needed, I essentially took inspiration from the ArmA Liberation scenario.

Apologies if this is long winded, I just felt like a lot of details need to be hashed out.

Also, I feel I should note that this idea may be a bit ambitious or too large-scale to be implemented.

Last edited:

✯Dax4569✯

As I've stated before on other posts, this is more of an EVENT IDEA, rather than a map suggestion. If you wish to suggest event ideas, please head on over to Server Discussion or Suggestions and pitch your idea there. Thank you! :)

As I've stated before on other posts, this is more of an EVENT IDEA, rather than a map suggestion. If you wish to suggest event ideas, please head on over to Server Discussion or Suggestions and pitch your idea there. Thank you! :)
Alright, thanks for the heads up.