Remake map with a hyperdrive that actually brings you to different places

Would you want this or think this could work

• Total voters

Dice

I’m kinda new but I have seen lots of this server before in tons of different places so if I get something wrong or misunderstand something correct me. I have an idea on how to make a hyperdrive that not only changes the skybox but also physical surroundings around the ship. An example is that you can set a destination and go to something like a medical space station or an asteroid field with a space rancor and so on. You can go inside these and they will have stuff too. I also have an idea on the technical working of something like this. I remember watching a video from war owl about a fan made battle royal CSGO map where the map is split into 4 parts and seems big but is actually just that when you go into another part it is actually just chunks of the map put on top of another and not beside. So you press a button and everyone teleports to another part of the map with a move everyone this direction this much command if that exists. You would also have do deal with moving spawns in some way and slightly changing coordinate commands on every version. You can also have pirates auto spawn every once in a while in the space station I said before and you can kill them but the more time you leave them alone, the more there are. There could also be space rancor’s that spawn in asteroid fields that will give lots of stuff. You could possibly turn this off too if you don’t want it but it does give people more stuff to do and also more places to roleplay and kill. Now maybe you can set up a command that check for players that aren’t in the ship so that it doesn’t spawn people in space when they change ship. I’m not a command expert but I think this should work.

Poseidon

I love the idea, but I don’t think you fully comprehend how Hammer, the software used to make Source maps, works. “Moving to different locations” as an illusion has been done by Pommes already via Venator extensive, however, I don’t know how making whole stations appear and things like that would work, and I doubt it would work at all without remaking the whole map. We also have to worry about optimizations with it. Also, Riddick is already working on Renegade v5 and he still needs to finish it lmao.

magne/mwm

Project Trial Gamemaster
I love the idea, but I don’t think you fully comprehend how Hammer, the software used to make Source maps, works. “Moving to different locations” as an illusion has been done by Pommes already via Venator extensive, however, I don’t know how making whole stations appear and things like that would work, and I doubt it would work at all without remaking the whole map. We also have to worry about optimizations with it. Also, Riddick is already working on Renegade v5 and he still needs to finish it lmao.
Aint you a god?

Sharp

Unneeded and will probably cause lag, if the GMs want to do that they can use pac or the skybox

Dice

Unneeded and will probably cause lag, if the GMs want to do that they can use pac or the skybox
You know if this could work if they were just complex models instead of part of the map spawning them in and then despawning?

[PR] ProDTigerGE

I don’t think you understand how insanely hard this would be to do. As stated above, I don’t think this would be necessary as the cons would outweigh the pros, especially with Renegade V5 coming soonTM. Sorry mate.

Thatcher

Battalion Officer
-1 easier said than done, no matter how cool it would be, the amount of time it would take would not be worth it

Khilleor

You know if this could work if they were just complex models instead of part of the map spawning them in and then despawning?
I think what he means is that the map spawns in a high detail prop when you go to an area with what he's proposing. Like that one, hollow venator prop that you can walk around in (Though it is fairly shitty). Not a bad idea on paper, but still, more trouble than it's worth.
-1, Reasons already stated above.

Riddick

Project Lead
Project Lead
Badass idea, not-so badass game engine we're building this on.

Technically possible but the challenges & issues it'd cause wouldn't be worth it.

Fretwell

Oh yeah, the Venator will be an actual vehicle in Sandbox, with a whole bunch of new cool shit inside. Idk what is technically possible in Sandbox, but I know Riddick will find a way to make the map and server extremely unique.