Status
Not open for further replies.

Radriar

Project Game Master
In-Game Name: 414th CPL Radriar

Steam ID: kuz

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970601639

Timezone: EST

Hours Played on Server: I don’t know off the top of my head, let’s just say the first imperial era I was around and I remember someone named arbiter before I couldn’t choose that name

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned? If yes, explain in detail: twice warned. once as regular player for doing something for agent and once for gm for not doing so well in the past.

Do you have any experience being staff on GMOD? If yes state what server,positions and time period: Project Renegade, Gamemaster, 6 months (before helix)

Do you have experience with Serverguard commands? Would need to go over them again. But some I vaguely remember.

What can you bring to the Staff team?: Fresh ideas as well as also to help out with the other GMs and possible do combined events in which we can do two event ideas into one. Also help out with trainings as well as aiding gm in their events.

Why would you like to join the PR staff team?: Fresh start as a gm and wanting to give it my all. Also since I’m coming back more and more, also could become a trainer and help set up stuff for trainings.

Why should we accept you over other applicants?: Over time as I stayed on the server and now I have matured a lot and saw what GMs have been doing and how they planned their events. I’ve talked to the multiple GMs and how they structure their events and plan it out based on player base and or story. I learned as I watch and now know what I need to do to become not just a good game master, but as good planner and have confidence when I do my events and not go to overboard with stuff. I’ve also learned a very good lesson, don’t over board myself and run events every single day. Even if I do one a week or one every other week. That’s cool, like flare’s events take time to build since he has a sector campaign.

Sample event (typed up event script):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SI0oX4pMfw1naTej-llfHGN7cKZO4bvzzIE86VesE1U/edit?usp=sharing

(Maps need to be built but got a general idea on what I’m going to do. Also have Fudall’s PAC3 builds to use to help make the map.)

What is one key thing that should be exercised while running an event?: Improvise and knowing the player base. We are just crazy when it comes to certain events let’s be honest here. Good thing to do when the situations doesn’t go the way you want to, improvise and run along with the event. Don’t have the players go in a straight road, have multiple options for when the situation goes south for planning. Also plan on something that is based on player count and people. Example being how M8 does more Rp at night with less people while more of our common GMs do more action based events while implementing small amount of story.

How often can you be online?:
Mondays(5PM-10PM)
Tuesdays(5PM-10PM)
Wednesdays(Not Available)
Thursdays(4:30PM-7:30PM)
Fridays(5PM-12PM)
Saturdays(5PM-12PM)
Sundays(5PM-10PM)
Note: Any firefighter duties and or family stuff can come any moment. So will adjust schedule when running events or can’t one day

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you have a smartphone?: Yes

Please state one reference (optional):
M8
Jek
Lock
Nuke

Papi M8

Project Senior Staff Gamemaster
+1
Confirming my reference, I am certain that Radriar at this point has learned from his mistakes in the past and what he should and shouldn't be doing as a GM. With him reaching out to multiple people in order to get a better idea of what to do and what not to do as a GM shows good initiative on his part in order to properly come back to the staff team. The application and event itself adds to that point with nothing being too over the top and straight to the point but with room to grow and expand. Give him a chance he's clearly invested and wants to do better as a GM with him going out of his way to try and figure out how and why he went wrong with intent to fix that.

Chevy

Project Moderator
+1
I think giving Radriar gm is worth a shot. He seems to understand were he went wrong in the past and he seems very invested

Dusk/Dorothy

Project Senior Staff Gamemaster
+1

If the first post above me is true then yeah I'm ok with this.

Nuke

Battalion Officer
+1 Confirming the reference. I see quite a bit of potential as a GM that can't be ignored.

Naz

Project Trial Gamemaster
I was that Arbiter :(

But the event script looks well thought out and the application looks well done. Steam ID can be found on our steam profile and Gametracker logs your hours on the server, but that's not too important.

+1
- Naz

Radriar

Project Game Master
I was that Arbiter :(

But the event script looks well thought out and the application looks well done. Steam ID can be found on our steam profile and Gametracker logs your hours on the server, but that's not too important.

+1
- Naz
I just know I started in the first imperial era we did back in like 2018 or 2019

Jek

Battalion Officer
Confirming my Reference

To be completely honest, when I first heard Radriar was planning on becoming GM again, I wasn't particularly hopeful. While I wasn't around when Radriar was first GM, all I ever really heard about his time as GM was the many problems and mistakes he made as one. However, as I have conversed with him a couple of times now and actually gotten to know his plans a bit more, I do see some potential in him. I believe he could be a good GM, however, he will have to put in a damn big amount of effort to not only being a good GM but also to mend his previous reputation with many of the players and staff on PR. I think he can do this, thus I am giving him my +1 and I hope everyone else gives him a chance as well.

Radriar

Project Game Master
Confirming my Reference

To be completely honest, when I first heard Radriar was planning on becoming GM again, I wasn't particularly hopeful. While I wasn't around when Radriar was first GM, all I ever really heard about his time as GM was the many problems and mistakes he made as one. However, as I have conversed with him a couple of times now and actually gotten to know his plans a bit more, I do see some potential in him. I believe he could be a good GM, however, he will have to put in a damn big amount of effort to not only being a good GM but also to mend his previous reputation with many of the players and staff on PR. I think he can do this, thus I am giving him my +1 and I hope everyone else gives him a chance as well.
I understand a lot of people are nervous and have doubts about me doing gm again. All I can say is this, I want to restore peoples faith in me running good events and have players enjoy my events. And I know now after taking notes and talking to a bunch of people, I know now what I must do in order to make an event enjoyable and not do dumb stuff like I did before that are not over board or too difficult to understand

Mystical Pyro

Battalion Officer
+1 Can't say much more than to see it. If you say you have improved from your past mistakes then sure! Everyone has chances to show what they got. Mistakes helps you grow so I can't wait to see your events Radriar.

orphanator

Project Trial Gamemaster
Battalion Officer
Unfortunately I think I have to -1 this app. While the script looks alright at a first glance but when looking at it reads like one big monologue and the like players are an after thought to the story being told, rather than holding a pivotal role in the story. I understand that it’s a script but from how if reads, but both the player action and event character to player base seems forced and the event itself seems like the GM is field marshaling the event. The scripted dialog also seems like it’s written just to hear the reply “okay” and nothing else going back to the players feeing like they are second to your monologue.

Radriar

Project Game Master
+1 Can't say much more than to see it. If you say you have improved from your past mistakes then sure! Everyone has chances to show what they got. Mistakes helps you grow so I can't wait to see your events Radriar.
Thanks Pyro!

holiday

ACCEPTED - Pending interview

Contact me with an appropriate date & time for your interview

Status
Not open for further replies.