Denied Nor's GM Application (reapplication cuz why not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nor

(Yes I copy and pasted my old app, and yes I did change things but too lazy to rewrite things that don't need to be)

In-Game Name: Nor

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:121239920

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198202745568/

Timezone: PST

Hours Played on Server (Search on Gametracker): 121 hrs

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned? If yes, explain in detail: No, I have never been banned and I cannot remember if I have ever been kicked before.
Do you have any experience being staff on GMOD? If yes state what server, positions, and time period: Yes, it was a star wars roleplay server that I have long forgotten and it has most likely shut down by now, I was a manager in it, and it was about 5-6 years ago. I've also been a GM for Renegade in the past, but was removed for going out for milk a month ago.

Do you have experience with Simple Admin Mod commands? Yes

What can you bring to the Staff team?: I can bring fun and interesting events that can be purely for entertainment or be one that brings you to the edge of your seats. I have about 7 years experience gamemastering for events across multiple games and servers that include gmod, arma, fivem, etc.
Why would you like to join the PR staff team?: After playing on the server for quite a bit I became interested with actually making and controlling events instead of just playing in them. After hearing that gamemaster would very much wanted, I just decided that I would actually try my shot and apply to be one. I've also been recently getting active again and the cogs have been grinding and the dust has been blowing and now here we are.

Why should we accept you over other applicants?: While I have a goofy personality, I can and will be serious when it requires it or when I want, however I also have a maturity that while I don't show it often, is actually there. I just want to make the server a fun place to be on and hope to make it more popular or even just bring a little bit more joy to it was the wealth of experience I've accumulated over the years in game mastering.

Sample event (typed up event script):

What is one key thing that should be exercised while running an event? Flexibility, it's something that every game master should try and learn and master, and I believe that it's not only for game masters but also the player base as well. When something that you planned doesn't go the way you planned, then you have to be able to flex your way around it and make sure that the event goes on for the player's enjoyment.

How often can you be online?: Until Summer break I can't be that active really at all, I will be on when I want to run an event, help run an event, or rp on the server but I won't just be really hanging out unless I get the chance. However, once Summer rolls around then I can be much more active.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Please state one reference (optional): Chief

Naz

Project Trial Gamemaster
I'm gonna keep it a buck: You're attitude ticks me off a bit.

- To start, your opening line admits you're lazy, which is not a good look. It honestly could have been omitted completely and would have done nothing to your staff app.
- For the question "Why should we accept you over other applicants?" you explain that you want to make the server a fun place and bring joy. However, going through your event script, I beg to differ. I will expand on this later.
- Onto the event script; It's certainly something. The way you present yourself makes you feel very apathetic. You seem to not really care about the player's enjoyment and go on to insult the playerbase on multiple occasions. For example:Screenshot 2024-05-08 150754.png
Punishing players should not be a priority of a GM. Calling them "idiotic" for something they did is also very insulting. You're job as a GM is to provide a fun experience for both you and the playerbase.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 150540.png
You once again call the players "idiots" and your wording makes it sound like you feel that you are above them. We're all human, we all have different ways to RP. Claiming that you are the be all end all of "interesting RP" is a super arrogant thing to say. Also the wording of "They can try and rp if they want..." feels very arrogant as well.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 150657.png
This mostly speaks for itself. If your "signature move" is telling people to "hush otherwise face my big dick wrath" you need to reconsider the GM position.
- As a GM you are more or less a servant of the people. Yes, the stories are yours, yes, the scripts are yours. However, how those events play out and whether people want to engage in your stories is completely up to the players. GMing is a collaborative story telling exercise and lends itself to some really amazing story lines. However what you have here sounds more like you want to write a book and have everything play out the way you want and plan on punishing people that don't want to partake in your vision.

Your script is littered with insulting the players, arrogance, and apathy that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I recommend rewriting your event script to have less of these feelings and to maybe reconsider becoming a GM.

Naz

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 150657.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 150657.png
    8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-05-08 150513.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 150513.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.