Denied LastBastions Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastBastion

In-Game Name: CT LastBastion

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:422911684

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198806089097/

Timezone: CST

Hours Played on Server (Search on Gametracker): Minutes Played 1463 + way more hours on older Renegade versions

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned? If yes, explain in detail: no

Do you have any experience being staff on GMOD? If yes state what server, positions, and time period:

The time period for all of these are within 2016-2022 (I am not going to chronologically order this lol)

Sentinel Gaming: Head GM
Resentra Gaming: Head GM
Nova Gaming: Head GM
Project Trojan: Head GM
Last Bastion Gaming: GM
Project Helios: GM
Hellbound Networks: Head GM
NSN: GM
Faygo.gg: Head GM
+ couple others that are either irrelevant or cannot remember.

**** Only typed up GM roles due to other staff experience being irrelevant to this application.

Do you have experience with Simple Admin Mod commands? No, have used ULX, Helix, And Nutscript commands.

What can you bring to the Staff team?: I have had a variety of experiences working with servers to provide original and noteworthy events to help with player retention. I mainly specialize in highly built and detailed events, mainly with a focus on action rather than slow and steady roleplay, although both are present in my events. All objects in my events are able to be /rp'd with and I am used to improvisation in events when a player does a certain action not asked of him/her. I try to encourage all players to roleplay with everything they come across as it makes the event just a bit more fun.

Why would you like to join the PR staff team?:
I would like to help out with Project Renegade as player retention is a bit low right now and remembering the old Project Renegade booming with players should be achieved yet again with countless professional game makers.

Why should we accept you over other applicants?:
My gamemaster experience across different servers is probably my most notable achievement compared to different applicants. Other than that, I'm a level-headed guy who just wants to provide fun experiences for everyone on the server.

Sample event (typed up event script):
Battle of Thyferra: Part I

----Republic Command has greenlit an Operation to begin an assault on some of the CIS Controlled space areas south of the Core. We’re to invade and retake the northernmost regions of the CIS pockets of territory. Our invasion will begin with a strong preemptive strike at their northernmost facilities on the planet of Thyferra, which are currently the most heavily defended. They are the frontlines of the war in that area of space. The 212th Attack Battalion has already started the invasion by assaulting the city of Axiom, which they have made good progress on. Due to a heavy amount of casualties, however, they have been withdrawn from the front line as of now, and we are being sent in. The 212th did a good number on CIS defenses on Axiom, as well as provided us with valuable intel from their reconnaissance op prior to securing most of the city. An SF unit was also dispatched earlier to secure a landing zone for us, which they have done effectively. According to the intel we received, we can expect heavy resistance. The 212th’s recon report states that there are still two Droid Battalions garrisoned in the CIS-controlled part of the city of Axiom, with two Companies of B2 Super Battle Droids armed with wrist rockets. Their intel also suggests that there is a Droid Factory on the outskirts of the town, as well as a hidden CIS FOB in the hills. They also stated to have seen an airport of sorts in the hills near their FOB, where they noticed a lot of air vehicular activity. Moreover, we have an unconfirmed report from the SF unit that cleared the landing zone that there is a hidden bomb-making factory in the hills as well, where the CIS is developing experimental explosives.

The objective of our mission is to secure the city of Axiom and the surrounding hills, disabling any facilities and annihilating any troops along the way. We are to gather any possible intel we can find. Republic Command has tasked our Venator with securing the designated region, so that we can establish an Operation Foothold and set up a base in Axiom. Once we have cleared the region and set up our FOB, Republic Command will call in the rest of the 6th Fleet and establish supply lines and reinforcement routes. Also, Republic Command has made this operation an URGENT PRIORITY. They need to have this done quickly and effectively, thus they have assigned us. ---

Dismiss Briefing.

I would teleport everyone to the farthest corner of the map on the side of the city. It will be directly on the opposite corner of the airport. Move spawn point here. Spawn droids all over the city. Have the troops clear out the city. Make sure this is not easy. According to the plotline, there are two entire Droid Battalions still in the city, and two companies of B2 Super Battle Droids armed with wrist rockets accompanying them. Players would have mechanized vehicles at their disposal.

Once the city is clear, establish a perimeter and have everyone set up defensive positions while the RepCom (Me over Voiceamp) orders a flash meet to decide where they’ll be moving next. There is more than one primary objective, so let them choose their next move. Once the CO’s are done meeting, begin a Droid counterattack, and have the troops hold the city against them for a few minutes. Feel free to offer Players to play as Droids for a few minutes. Keep in mind Player participation. Once the counterattack is done, the
RepCom (Me over Voiceamp) should order the troops to move out to their next objective. Troops should be constantly harassed by NPC’s whilst making their way to their objective. Do not overdo it; they shouldn’t be attacked every step of the way. Would have a sniper stall them for a few minutes while a specific unit deals with them, or a tank come at them, but then allow breathing room and stillness for a few minutes. (I would use a light that turns on every time he takes a shot, simulating the scope reflection.)

Do not make the action continuous; try to make it more spontaneous, to encourage the troops to stay alert and focused. Once the troops arrive at their objective, allow them to complete it accordingly. Once they do, the RepCom (Me over Voiceamp) should once again call the flash meeting with the CO’s. Do this for every objective, until they’ve completed everything. Once they are done, the RepCom (Me over Voiceamp) will tell them to head back to Axiom to await extraction. Once the troops are back at the LZ, the Droids will launch a full-scale counterattack to try and retake the city, which will involve a small CIS Cruiser (lander of otherwise) that needs to be destroyed before the reinforcements can arrive. Assign one unit to this task, whilst the other troops defend the city against B1 Battle Droids, B2 Super Battle Droids with wrist rockets, tanks, ships, commando droids, and snipers. Allow as much Player participation in this final phase.

Let the fight go on for a few more minutes, then end it and spawn a LAAT and a Republic Cruiser in the sky. Pick up the troops and extract. Change map back to Anaxes. Once everyone is back on the ship, call Debrief. Then dismiss. End of event.

**** COs could be interchanged with FOs
**** Improvisation would be essential in this and in all events, so the above is just a rough sketch! I won't type up every idea with every influential event prop or other I have in mind! SORRY!!!!!!!!
**** Splitting up squads for bigger maps like imagined above would be key to a more interesting event (Sorry but I don't want players to keep fighting as a full force every event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What is one key thing that should be exercised while running an event?
Improvisation. Hindsight is 20/20 so going through with what the player is doing would allow for 200% greater player satisfaction (If done correctly)
Secondary and as important is communication with FOs and players. (If they're confused, you're doing it wrong, or right in some situations.)

How often can you be online?: Almost every day after 7 CST.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Please state one reference (optional): N/A

PS: I understand Mawg will not read anything above and will downvote my app. I have no idea why he would do this but this PS is here to note that.

Clockwork

Project Game Master
honestly my opinion is 0. why? Well for starters the event idea is very well detailed and well done, but on the other hand you act like an idiot, no offense at all but this is what I have seen, yea I act like an idiot but you need to know when to chill, that is just my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.