Event Story Arc (Possibly)

DaddyFieri

Alright so since I am not a GM I am aware I don't and can't set up events for the life of me but I have an interesting idea of an event arc that if wanted hopefully the GM team can pull off. Honest feedback is very much welcome and I almost beg you to tell me what's messed up about it and what should be changed to make it better.
On a planet there are two factions. one of them being kinda a near human age style that have never been able to leave their world using technology like helicopters and jeeps and stuff like that, and another hidden faction that is like a cult of people that were disbanded from the main society and discovered a sith holocron so they saw it as some sort of God like item and began to worship it and it drove them mad because of the darkness so they began building themselves up unlocking the secrets of the sith. Now your probably wondering where the Republic comes in, the Jedi sense a large disturbance in the force, that being the cultists so they decide it would be of the republics interest to station the crew of the Renegade (us obviously) onto the planet to find out whats going on (they are unaware of the faction because the faction has never left their planet as I stated previously). We come down and set up an FOB and one of the people from the faction on a patrol discovers us and decides to invite us to speak with the leader of their faction. We send a group to speak with him and since we are so advanced to them they are obviously dumbfounded and we decide that we could use them to figure out the whereabouts of the holocron however as things seem to happen the CIS aswell arrive on the planet and they send their own diplomat to speak with the faction leader and the goal would be for the person in charge of relations with the faction to convince him that they do not want to work with the CIS for whatever reason they decide. Whether or not the person is successful will however not be determined by something stupid like a role no one GM will play as the faction leader another the CIS diplomat and the person from the republic (someone that isn't a GM preferably) would genuinely have to convince the GM why working with the CIS is a bad idea and the Republic is a better option and depending on if he is successful or not will determine how things occur within the rest of the story. There are obviously a lot of gray areas but that is to leave room for players own decisions and GM creative freedom.