Community Contest - Event Map Idea

Riddick

Project Lead
Project Lead
Community Contest #1: Event Map Idea
As I'm sure many of you are aware, I'm no stranger to making entire maps from scratch purely for use in an event. It keeps things fresh and ensures players, no matter how experienced they are, have to stay on their toes.

Believe it or not, one of the hardest parts is coming up with the map idea and design. Because of this, the community's first ever contest is centered around letting you, the players, bring your ideas to us.

Submissions deadline is November 1st

WHERE & HOW TO SUBMIT IDEAS

Submit your ideas to the newly added "Community Contest" Forum under the Clone Wars Category as a thread.

Threads should be made as a poll with TWO options, "+1" and "-1".

PUTTING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE POLL RENDERS YOUR CONTRIBUTION INELIGIBLE.

Try to be detailed in your description, we need more to work with than "do a coruscant map"

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN SUBMITTING:

Your map idea should be something that is realistically feasible in Garry's Mod. The Source engine is old, and has many limits.

Wide-Open areas are usually best avoided because they can be EXTREMELY tough to optimize. We can fit in some open areas for events, but the ideal map has some interiors or ways to split areas up so I can work my optimizing magic.

PLANTS and other foliage are horrible to work with. As much as I'd love to do a Felucia or Umbara map, they are quite plant-heavy environments, and should be avoided. But if you really feel that you have a great, unique idea, it's still worth taking a look.

MAKE IT UNIQUE! Star Wars is a vast universe with so, so much to explore. Try to think of something that we simply can't do with the maps available!

How will we choose a winner?

Finalists will be chosen based on several factors:
  • Community Response
  • Quality - How descriptive is the submission?
  • Originality - Is it something truly unique?
  • Feasibility - Will the project end up killing Riddick on the inside?
The finalists will then be put up for a final community vote via a poll, and after the poll closes, work will begin on the winning map. Afterwards, the other finalists may become future event maps as well.

Poseidon

How can it kill Riddick on the inside?
Riddick is already dead on the inside

Riddick

Project Lead
Project Lead
Every time we hit 72/72 new life is breathed into me.

Feds

We could have a research station tunnel networks for example a umbaran styled research station posted underground and the only way in is through a hill side door. I'll go more in detail in the morning but I'm dead

Riddick

Project Lead
Project Lead
go more in detail in a thread in the Contest forum section

PolandCanIntoSpace

Well I think I won bringing out the PVP map idea. Har, hat, har. Better then any shitty map. Something that you can always use. Har har har.