Arcane's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcane

In-Game Name: 187th SGT Arcane

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:50447590

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sniper7799/

Timezone: EST

Hours Played on Server: 8:01:36 as of the making of this app.

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned? If yes, explain in detail: No

Do you have any experience being staff on GMOD? If yes state what server,positions and time period: Yes, approximately 1 year ago I was a game master for a HaloRP server. I was gamemaster for about 4 months or so before the server went under due to lack of interest and the owner terminating the server due to cost. for 2 of the 4 months I was a GM I was practically the only active GM and worked hard to provide several daily events while others road my coat tail.

Do you have experience with ULX commands? Yes, as a GM I had to get well versed in ULX though it has been time since I actually used it as a staff member.

What can you bring to the Staff team?: I can bring my activity to the server and creativity of events, as well as map variety. I enjoy when maps are used to their fullest and every map is explored.

Why would you like to join the PR staff team?: I sat down with Odin to talk after one event, as I admire his efforts as a GM, and I brought up the fact I used to GM and he said I should make an app. I spent time to think it over and after I got a bit more invested in the server I am ready to help out more than just being a +1 to the server population.

Why should we accept you over other applicants?: I believe I should be accepted due to my past experience as a game master, my current reputation on the server, and my activity level on the server.
Sample event (typed up event script):
Briefing: Troops will be briefed on the rescue of a stranded clone battalion of 212th, they will be instructed to fly in Via LAAT, rendevous with the battalion and exfil.

Ground: The LAAT would be shot down upon entering the atmosphere across the map from the battalion. Medics will have to tend the wounded while everyone else defends the crash site until everyone is combat ready. Once ready the group will push through a hoard of droids to the 212th, to find few survivors due to the delay imposed by the crash. The troops will move to disable the AA elsewhere on the planet (map change). Once disabled they will return to ship to be debriefed.

What is one key thing that should be exercised while running an event?: Adaptability to player decisions, it is important to not just railroad an event like its a DnD campaign but to adapt and shape it around the player choices and have it still seem professionally thought out and executed.

How often can you be online?: Every other day if not daily.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you have a smartphone?: Yes

Please state one reference (optional): An old friend that helped get me into GM'ing and serious RP as a whole

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198158822439/

Venom

Neutral
-Lack of a creative and structured event script makes me doubt your abilities as a GM

- Good guy

Winters

What I can say with utmost confidence is that this trooper right here is very active, well mannered, creative and has a drive for more. I may be biased but this guy i grew fond of so damn fast.
+1 Difficult to see big +1 for great cool aid man

Delta

+1 great dude very professional and he has the experience and he his event did not seem that bad it seemed like a sample event

Winters

I want to put in my thoughts on the script. It is very bare bones but when I and most other respected gms run an event we write something along the lines of (if we even do write it)

Objective
map
map switch?
Characters

And we allow free flow from there in an effort to see how the players steer the event. They could get pinned, they could find alternatives etc. the script is really basic but honestly its a sample. You don't get a 10l coke sample of the latest taste if they have one at the supermarket they give you a small sample. Or a demo of a game back when they were a thing.

Don't judge a man by a sample event.

Unlucky

Republic High Command
Battalion Officer
+1 not much else to say, this man wants to help, he has some ideas on how to do that. I say let him do it, It's a start to help the GM team get their shit back together. BTW people use this purple, it doesn't make your eyes bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.